Monday, August 1, 2011

Fw: Constituent Response From Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison <senator@hutchison.senate.gov>
To: ME
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 12:02 PM
Subject: Constituent Response From Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
Dear Friend:
     Thank you for contacting me regarding S. 810, the Great Ape Protection Act.  I welcome your thoughts and comments on this legislation.
 
     On April 13, 2011, Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA) introduced this legislation, which would prohibit invasive research on great apes.  The bill would also prevent federal funding from going to such research.  S. 810 has been referred to the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, of which I am not a member.
 
     While I am concerned about limiting the scope of scientific research, which could help find cures and remedies to devastating diseases and other ailments, I share your concern about the care and treatment of animals.  I believe we must ensure that animals are treated humanely and not forced to unnecessarily suffer.  You may be sure that I will continue to work to prevent cruelty to animals, and I will keep your views in mind should animal welfare legislation be considered by the full Senate.
 
     I appreciate hearing from you, and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me on any issue that is important to you.
 
Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator
 
284 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC  20510
202-224-5922 (tel)
202-224-0776 (fax)
http://hutchison.senate.gov
 
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to this message as this mailbox is only for the delivery of outbound messages, and is not monitored for replies.  Due to the volume of mail Senator Hutchison receives, she requests that all email messages be sent through the contact form found on her website at http://hutchison.senate.gov/?p=email_kay .
 
If you would like more information about issues pending before the Senate, please visit the Senator's website at http://hutchison.senate.gov .  You will find articles, floor statements, press releases, and weekly columns on current events.
 
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment